Friday 8 June 2012

The roses aren't as red...


All around people are laughing, smiling, gazing at each other fondly
They point to buildings of historic value
stare in awe of sites of grandeur
and yet here I stand
Bored and alone
no one to whisper my thoughts to
no one to share these experiences
I visit these places
as I'm told they are special.
It is what you do, as a tourist.
I eat the food that is traditional
Shop in the stores and the markets
I wander the streets, soaking up the culture
and spend hours seeking peace in the parks
and yet....
nothing touches me.
This numbness
It is a veil between me and the world.
The roses aren't as red
The sky is not as blue
But I know 
I am meant to find it all so beautiful
so I exclaim
¡Que bonita! 
But inside, I wonder
will I ever find myself again?
Existing as a half of a whole
is tiring.
When you've been high on love for so long
how do you get your fix when it's gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment